Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Year Ago...

A year ago, today, I started working at the Retreat, Salon & Tanning. Everyone who lives in Rexburg Housing (11 apartment complexes) gets free haircuts, manicures, and pedicures, and tanning is only $10 for the semester! How awesome is that!! It was the best job I've ever had!..well except for being a nanny. haha.

The salon is in one of the apartment complexes, Birch Plaza.


The inside...




Well as some of you may not know, I quit July 23rd. It was a wonderful experience and I actually loved working! Everyone here is so kind, thoughtful, and friendly! A few guys even offered to sweep up their hair afterwards, when I was pregnant!

But Andrew and I prayed about it and felt it was right for me to quit and be a stay-at-home mom. I LOVE being with Callie all day, every day! I LOVE having time to do things I wasn't able to do/didn't want to do, while I was working (crafts, cleaning everyday, cooking everyday, etc.). I LOVE Andrew for being so wonderful and wanting me to be at home with Callie, even though we won't be able to afford the fun things as much anymore. But this is who I get to be with all day:

We just got this for her a couple days ago. She gets so excited playing with all the toys.


haha


This is the BEST JOB EVER!!!

6 comments:

katie said...

That's wonderful! I'm so glad things are going well. You guys are great.

The Garlands said...

That is great :) That's so what I want to do when we get to that point!!!!

Dawn said...

Its good to see where you worked because we talked about it often. Now as for the beautiful and perfect Callie. She has Grandma's heart wrapped around her little fingers! Motherhood is the best job ever!!

Darci said...

Hi Ashley! What a lucky and beautiful little girl. Being there for every little milestone and having the extra bonding time is priceless. It's okay to miss work too though. I learned that it is so important to schedule 'Me' time.

Jamie said...

Maybe if she cried a lot it would have been nicer to keep your job--ha ha.

Eli and Candace said...

I'd give an arm and a leg to stay home with my boy, I'm glad you have the opportunity, she is so adorable with all that hair!