Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The weekend...

What a fun and busy weekend! Friday night we went to a Masquerade Ball, on campus. Doug and Kendra joined us because they're just awesome and it also made it easier to get Andy to go. :)

We dressed up and danced some. Thanks Andy for going!!

Saturday we had a ward activity. We went to the ropes course and had a great time! And there were yummy doughnuts too!




Dave Anderson

It was SO COLD!! Thankfully, the sun came out towards the end!!

Andy getting ready for the challenge...he did pretty good!


Saturday night we were going to have Chili and Cornbread for dinner. We were going to a magic show at 7pm, so I had an hour and a half to do everything. I called Paula to ask about her Chili Recipe (Andrew insisted on having his moms yummy chili), and I found out it takes a few hours to cook the Kidney beans, after you've soaked them overnight. Well I did soak them overnight, but I didn't know you have to cook them longer before you use them in something. :(

Mom, this is for you...the cornbread attempt #1 :)

I obviously forgot something...oh the main ingredient, Bisquick! :(

I got Andy to look at it, and he said there's something wrong with it...so he read over the ingredients out loud, just to see if I forgot anything. I did. I started crying because I used the last of the butter and I borrowed the eggs from our neighbors, and I just really wanted cornbread with the chili. Then he started LAUGHING!! He always laughs, which is good I guess, because I usually start laughing too- laughing and crying, which makes him laugh even harder. Oh the memorable times we have...

We went to the store later that night and got butter and eggs, and we ended up having Chili and Cornbread Sunday night for dinner...

9 comments:

Jamie said...

sweet masks!

Nice Andy--laighing at your wife when she's crying. You're suppose to give her a hug and tell her you think the cornbread will be good anyway and that you'll have more butter someday (haha). Hey, once you get the hugging thing down, tell Carl about it will ya?

Andy said...

haha I already got the hugging thing down...I just don't have the keep myself from laughing down yet!

leigh said...

THE best cornbread ever is in the Elmer cookbook, by Kristin. So yummy.

I also have a better chili recipe than mom's (sorry mom.) I'll dig it out and send it over someday.

p.s. - probably don't have to have radioactive iodine!

Ashley said...

Yes, I will have to get that chili recipe from you! And I'm SO HAPPY for you!!! You must feel so much better about that!

Dalynne Denhof said...

I feel your pain Ash! unfortunately those mistakes are part of learning to cook, but that doesn't make it easier! i've been there and done that, and laughing is the best way to handle it (:

paula said...

Ashley, you didn't tell me about the corn bread. It looked so perfect too. I'm glad that you can laugh when you are crying. That is a funny story.

Andy, don't stop laughing; it sounds like the perfect solution

kristin said...

thats so funny that you started crying over not being able to make it right and just wanting the food. It sounds like you and Andy are having such a fun first year!

Did you do the ropes course? it looked like a lot of fun, but its ok to do when your prego?

emily said...

Okay, that story made me laugh pretty hard! I could see myself crying about something like that. Being a girl is so AWESOME!

Ashley said...

paula, this happened after i talked to you...

kristin, we are having fun! and no, i didn't do the ropes course. it was way to cold and i didn't want to not be able to finish in front of everyone. :)

emily, yes, being a girl is AWESOME!! :)