Wednesday, September 9, 2009

WE'RE PREGNANT!!

So most of you know...I'm pregnant! We found out in the beginning of August, and we are SO EXCITED!! I am now 11 weeks pregnant. I even saved the test, and took a picture: :)

This morning we went to the Madison Women's Clinic to get an Ultrasound. Wow. What a neat thing to see, especially when it's your baby. Just in case you don't know, on the right is the head. We could see it's profile so clearly. Amazing! And the doctors even gave us a DVD of the whole thing...even the baby moving! I didn't know they did that...

In this picture, the head is on the left side. You can see the arm too! The baby was so fascinating...it kept sliding up and down and moving it's arms and legs. SO CUTE! This just made it so real. We love our baby!!

5 comments:

Dalynne Denhof said...

The moment you see your baby like that is so special, it makes it all "real." Congrats! What an exciting time for you guys :-)
How are you feeling?
lots of love!

Ashley said...

Thanks! I'm feeling a lot better... still nauseous every once in a while, but not near as much. Thanks for everything! Love you!

emily said...

So, how does that work anyway? I never did understand that whole "life" thing.

separate thought: Is your baby the size of an orange?

Andy said...

The baby is just around 2 inches from head to bottom. It was really cool to see the baby moving around and stuff I don't know how it works but it's alive to me...it just can't survive on it's own yet

Kate said...

YAY! I'm SO excited for you guys!!!!