Monday, April 20, 2009

Music: Love it!

So recently I've discovered a few music websites. My bro-in-law Zach showed me a cool website called www.grooveshark.com where you can create your own playlists of music you love! It's great because we don't waste $0.99 on iTunes songs anymore we just listen to them from grooveshark. Thanks Zach!




I was trying to figure out this song today that I had in my mind. So I googled a "music recognizer" and it gave me this site, www.midomi.com. Immediately I whistled the tune after clicking "click and sing or hum". I whistled Starlight by Muse and the intro to Final Countdown by Europe and each time the website correctly reported the song I whistled! It was so awesome. So if you ever have that tune in your head just can't remember the name of the song just check out this site!

5 comments:

emily said...

hey, thanks for sharing about the grooveshark. I hadn't heard of that before. Also never heard of a music recognizer, pretty smart thing to look up.

Jamie said...

The music recognizer is amazing. I've never heard of it. I'm so glad another Jim Elmer family member has a blog.

paula said...

Thanks Ashley for this tip. This should be very helpful.

Andy said...

hey mom I wrote it and posted it...we both write on our blog...guys can do blogging too!

Ashley said...

yeah, i can't figure anything out on this thing. andrew will probably be the one doing everything on here... :)